Whisper Flow Pump

icyjay

Apr 6, 2016
Houston, TX
I recently replaced my pump motor since the other motors bearings were wearing out and making a lout squealing noice. Once I installed it it was so nice and quiet. This was maybe 2 months ago. Since then its gotten louder each week. It sounds more like the pump this time. So I separated the motor and checked the impeller and no signs of issues. Only thing I've noticed is that one of the skimmers doesn't appear to have strong suction like the other skimmer so I think I have a block somewhere. Would a block cause the pump to be more noisy than normal?

Only thing I've noticed is that one of the skimmers doesn't appear to have strong suction like the other skimmer so I think I have a block somewhere. Would a block cause the pump to be more noisy than normal?
It could if the pump was cavitating.

Does the pump sound like small pebbles are traveling though it?

Do you know what the clean filter pressure was before and what it is now?

then and now the psi after a filter clean or backwash is around 10psi. It was 10psi then also when the motor was replaced. This morning I took out the filter grids and they were very dirty and caked up. So those were cleaned and backwashed for a few minutes and again the pressure is 10psi but still seams noisy to me. There doesn't appear to have an air leak as there are no bubbles in the pump window.

If the filter pressure has not changed, then it wouldn't be cavitation. However, you may have something stuck in the impeller that is making noise.

Also, sometimes the pump can make a vibration in the pad equipment. If you push down on the pump lid, does the sound go away?

Can you make a recording of the sound?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.