Heat Pump Run Time suggestions.

Feb 20, 2017
Cochran GA
Hi everyone,

I'm a new pool owner, we had our heat pump installed a few days ago and and in Georgia the weather is all over the place the last couple of days of been 80° plus, the next three days the highs will be in the 60s and then the following week mid 70s. We may or may not swim when the temperatures in the mid-70s, but definitely won't be swimming while the temperature outside is in the 60s. Because the last couple of days have been so warm we went ahead and got the pool heated up to 85°, my question is for the next several days should I turn the heat pump off, should I lower the temperature on the heat pump, or should I just keep it running at 85 and when it's warm enough outside the heat pump will try to keep the temperature at 85.

Since I've never owned a heat pump I don't really have any experience with the situation any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Eric

I would turn it on several, 3, 4 or 5, days before you think you are going to swim. I keep an eye on the forecast and everyone's plans and if there are some warm days coming up when people are around to swim I'll turn on the heat pump. Otherwise, I leave it off. You might want to just lower the temp though, to 80 maybe, if you think the temp might drop too much.

Pooldv-

Thank you for the response. I wasn't sure if there was a better or worse scenario. I think I'll shut it off and monitor the pool temp over the next few days, into next week. I just don't see us swimming until it's closer to 80 degrees outside.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.