SLAM progress??

What's in the pool under the spa on the floor to the right of the first picture? Can you run the pool without the spa going, just to isolate?

The part about the suspended stuff makes me think your filter isn't doing the greatest job. I don't have experience with a cartridge filter but I thought they were supposed to be much better than sand (hence the trade off in hassle-factor).

However, the OCLT failing shows there is something in there as well.

There is an in-floor in that location but I dont think thats what is in the picture. It must just be a reflection
Yes, I can isolate the pool from the spa.
I had that same thought about the filter. After I vacuum it almost seems to get cloudier. The filter cartridge is new....unless its defective, but from visual inspection it appears fine. And also it will clean up overnight.
Just finished brushing and didnt get as much "cloudiness" as usual so it does seem to be getting better.....but ever sooooo sllooooowly
Still cant explain the CYA loss????

CYA test is +/- 15 so that really isn't too bad. Plus, there are a few things that effect the test, like the angle of the sun and the color of the background and the color of your shirt. I have tested and found all of these to have an effect of one sort or another. Have you taken a close look at the filter cartridge? You might have a tear and unless you go through each fold you would never see it. What manufacturer of filter system do you have?

That's within the accuracy of the test. If it consistently drops, there might be a problem (leak w autofill, for example) I notice your nice shaded pool, keep in mind the test is best performed in full sunlight, with your back to the sun, tube at your waist with 2 fingers holding at the top. I do it 3 times, pouring back into the squirt bottle and average what I get. If you get 30-40 every time, that's good enough.

I've been doing the same with no change - scrubbing everywhere I can find. In my case the water is crystal clear. If I wasn't losing chlorine (and failing OCLT) I'd be convinced it's gone, except for the trace "dirt" that keeps barely appearing in crevices in between brushings. Unlike you, when I brush it does NOT turn my water cloudy whatsoever. I just see the "dirt" blow away. Interested in learning where this stuff could be "hiding".

Filter is a Sta-Rite 135 and I am currently using a Porpoise brand cartridge.
Pictures are a little deceiving, I am pretty much full sun all day.
OCLT was .5.....and that's with "Spring Breakers" in the spa after I took my last sample
Now if I could figure out how to get the red wine stain out of the porous stone cap......?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.