Newbie tests are zilch!

Good advice!

I have "rigged" up a second pump system that carries my water from the pool, up on the roof to my solar heater and back into the pool. The pump is on during the day, whenever there isn't swimming in the pool--like right now actually!

I put 1 lb. of CYA in a sock in front of this outlet today and it works like a charm! I was able to rig in from a string to land immediately in the spray of the water. The chemical is dissipating much better/finer now.

Plus, I can squeeze it with my fingers during the day as well. Yipee!!

Let's get excited about CYA!

After several more additions of CYA (about 1 lb. per time) I am pretty convinced the granuals I found on the pools bottom wasn't from the CA after all.

The stuff comes out of the sock in, almost like, a dust--no way chucks of it could have escaped like that.

I swam down and grabbed a few, brought them back up and tried to crush them. They were really hard, almost like rock.

I'm thinking these small pieces are simply left over salt that didn't disolve. I didn't look at the salt well when I put it in, and this stuff looks white. I guess I assumed the salt would look more opaque.

My conclusion: Left over, undissolved SALT :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.