I think I got the correct adapters for Intex SWG to Pentair filter (Pics)

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
Hi Everyone. I just want to make sure I am doing everything correct for when I open my pool. I will be using the intex SWG with my pentair filter. See attached pics below. I bought a 2 inch female coupler and then a reducer slip that I will use PVC glue to attach. Then I will thread in my pentair 1.5" adapter and use a 3 foot hose w/clamps to connect to my pentair filter. So I have a few questions.

1) How does this look below?
2) There are so many "pipe dope" products which one should I get??
3) Which items do I put the pipe dope on? The Intex threading, the PVC 2 inch coupler and/or the 1.5" Pentair Adapdter?
4) Notice in Pic 3 there is still a lot of threading left. How far in should I be turning, it was getting very hard to thread in, I dont think I can get it in all the way. Not sure why these pics are sideways, they are fine on my computer, sorry

Thanks!!!

View attachment 57286
View attachment 57288
View attachment 57289

No need for it to be screwed all the way in. I usually just snug it up a little more than hand tight and turn it on. If it leaks tighten it some more. You can use Teflon tape, I prefer the pink stuff, it is thicker. Or any pipe dope containing Teflon. Use it on anything with threaded connections.

Thanks - hope this helps other trying to use an intex SWG to a non intex pump/filter. I bought oatey great white and planned to use that instead of tape. That's ok right?

I should put on the male parts right, the intex threadings and the pentair black threading.

Yes, that pipe dope is fine, apply it to the male threads maybe the first 1/4 of the exposed threads. Definitely, all posts are helpful and the more the merrier, pics makes it even better. Thanks for posting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.