Alpha Evolution and Aqua Bright

Van G

Bronze Supporter
Mar 22, 2016
Toronto
Has anyone used or have knowledge of Alpha Evolution pool structure? Came across them when researching Aqua Bright.

http://www.onlyevolution.com/

I ask because we are going ahead with a pool shortly. We like the speed of install, price point, and feel of fibreglass.

However, I'm concerned about the longevity of FG. if another quality option to go slightly bigger was presented (18 x 45 or so) we would seriously have a look.

The onlyAlpha "Evolution" wall is not fiberglass. It is a composite wall, I am not sure what the composite material actually is. It will hold up to the heat of the ecoFinish application. This system is what is called a hybrid pool. Once you have your hole dug including overdig, you put 3-4" of gravel back into the hole, build the walls. Install some sort of steel grid ( rebar on 1' centers is what we do here), then pour your concrete floor onto the wall panels and the bond beam around the outside of the wall and the overdig. Once the concrete has set then apply the chosen color of ecoFinish.

The onlyAlpha "Evolution" wall is not fiberglass. It is a composite wall, I am not sure what the composite material actually is. It will hold up to the heat of the ecoFinish application. This system is what is called a hybrid pool. Once you have your hole dug including overdig, you put 3-4" of gravel back into the hole, build the walls. Install some sort of steel grid ( rebar on 1' centers is what we do here), then pour your concrete floor onto the wall panels and the bond beam around the outside of the wall and the overdig. Once the concrete has set then apply the chosen color of ecoFinish.

What do you think of the end product? Is it better than gunite or FG pool while being a cost and time effective install?

Can you have features like tanning ledges, beach entry, and benches?

I am happy with the product. Is any one thing better than the other? In our region I have to pay extra for gunite/shotcrete and plaster because they have to come 2 to 2 1/2 hours just to get to the jobsite. I am disappointed in fiberglass since eventually the gel coat has to be redone and that is a labor intensive process.

The Evolution goes together really quickly, with a crew of 4 we put together 180 linear feet of panels in less than 8 hours. You can put any step, bench, tanning ledge combination you want. The only limiting factor is how much you want to spend. Outside of that onlyAlpha can build you any design.

Fiberglass will last a long time. Gunite will also last a long time. The thing to remember each type of construction has its plusses and minuses. You are going to have to decide which you are willing to use.

Are you game to quickly hash out the pro/con for each? FG has essentially the features we want but slightly narrower than ideal for us.

FG - price point, quick install, limited on width, Good for zone 5 climate, 10 yr to resurface.

Gunite with AquaBright: 2-3 x FG cost, total control of width and features, potential issues in Zone 5

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The evolution wall which is a composite wall can be made to any size or shape, width and length is completely customizable.

Fiberglass depending on manufacturer again should be able to make whatever you want.

The builder just needs to provide them with a drawing so they can build whatever panels you need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.