Aqua cal tropic at lower temps

Feb 19, 2017
Orlando
Hi. New member here and but if a back yard engineer. I've got a 16 year old pool with a bunch of old equipment. I currently have an inoperative heat pump as well as a propane heater that is consumeing way above its rated fuel flow.

I'm going to replace all my equipments. Would like to focus on one heat source and thinking of going heat pump only. I live in Orlando so.not worried about heating in very cold conditions.

According to our calc heat loss is 12000 btu heat pump is rated at 80kbtu at 50 degree air temp. Can we still get 100 degree water in hot tub time not being a consideration? Looking for real world central Florida experience.

Thanks!

Hello,
What's the brand of Heatpump? I have a Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, that I was told didn't work according to the prior owner and home inspector. Turned out there's a 3 minute lockout when power is applied, and flow must be detected. The issue with it now it needs a new thermostat. Doesn't shut off when them it reached.

Are you using a cover or planning on one? The heat you add during the day will be lost at night through evaporation without a cover. I'm in Lakeland, the heatpump works well, I use it to start the season early.

Hello,
What's the brand of Heatpump? I have a Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, that I was told didn't work according to the prior owner and home inspector. Turned out there's a 3 minute lockout when power is applied, and flow must be detected. The issue with it now it needs a new thermostat. Doesn't shut off when them it reached.

Are you using a cover or planning on one? The heat you add during the day will be lost at night through evaporation without a cover. I'm in Lakeland, the heatpump works well, I use it to start the season early.

I should ask my question differently.

Will a heat pump eventually bring a 900 gallon hot tub from 70 degrees to 100 degrees on a 50 degree night.

(if you'd like to do a heat loss calc - total heat loss of the tub, lines @ 7mph wind is 12,000 BTU - and heatpump being considered puts out 80,000 BTU @ 50 degree air - so net positive 68,000 BTU)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.