Need some pump wiring advice

Mar 15, 2016
Easley, SC
I am renovating my equipment pad. I am adding unions at the pumps for maintenance and winter removal. Here are my questions.

Is it acceptable to run two pumps from a single gfci breaker?

Can I add an outlet to plug the pump to for 240v. If so, can anyone help me with code requirements? Read something about needing twist lock plug if so many feet to the pool and wire from pump to plug can only be so many feet....

Can I run solid PVC from sub panel to outlets and then run the flex conduit from outlet to pump?

This is for an inground pool and pad is around 20 feet from pool.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm not sure the distance requirement, but I think 20' is far enough from the pool that gfci is not needed. As for two pumps on one circuit, as long as the amp draw of both together is under the rating of the breaker, I think you should be fine.

If you're doing a main pump and a booster pump, use a single 240 volt gfci breaker to an outdoor rated double switch box with two double pole breakers.

Line in to pump switch, pump switch load out to main pump and to booster pump switch line in. Booster pump load out to booster pump. Use conduit for all wiring.

Note: General information. Do not rely on to do wiring. Have an electrician do all wiring to local building code.

Make sure pumps are properly bonded.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.