Can't heat and run jets together...

Feb 7, 2017
Menifee, CA
Hi all,
I have a 2014 HotSpring Prodigy run by 240v. The heat works perfectly and heats up fast, jets are all great and circulation is always on. Now I'm noticing that if the jets are running it's losing temperature. As soon as I turn the jets off it'll resume heating up. I've cleaned the filters, checked the lines for clogging, drained and refilled the tub and checked the circulation pump for air locks. It was professionally wired by a certified HotSpring electrician, so everything is wired correctly. Bought the tub gently used last year and the original owner only ran 110v to it, so at that time it couldn't run the jets and heat simultaneously (as is correct with only 110v). I'm 95% sure they worked together when we installed it but don't really remember if we tested them together. Now I'm trying to troubleshoot the circuit board to see if the lights coming on are correct when heat is on vs. off and jets on or off. Any ideas?

Hello, I've got a brand new Saratoga spa R45 (installed in October 2016) and my heat and jets never run at the same time. When we are in the tub and run the jets, they run for 15 minutes then shut off, then the heat kicks on. We can always restart the jets for another 15 minutes and it will kick of the heating.
When we are out of the tub, it's does run the one pump on low, and the heat kicks on during that cycle to keep water circulating and to keep pipes from freezing.

So maybe this is what yours does too and you've not really noticed. Also as far as losing heat temperatures, if it's outside with no type of building to help keep temps contained in, you'll naturally lose a few degrees in this colder weather. I'm in southern Indiana, and we've had some pretty cold nights that we've spent in the tub, and our temp always drops a few degrees.

I guess it's not really a solution for you but rather a similar situation that your not the only one and all that's going on just may be normal. [emoji2][emoji2][emoji4]
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to TFP!

110v tubs can either run the heater and pump on low or the pump on high, not both. When rewiring a tub from 110v to 220v there are usually some jumpers or dip switches that need to be reset so that it can run the pump on high and run the heater at the same time. Also, if your tub has an air venturi it will cool the tub much faster when it is open and putting cold, outside air into the water.

I was told that if we run 110v we wouldn't be able to have heat and jets at the same time, which is why we opted to run 220. We live in California so outdoor Temps aren't an issue. I actually was wondering last night if anything needed to be reset from the previous owner's use of 110, thanks for the suggestion. We'll go visit the local HotSpring dealer today and ask a few questions!
Thank you both for your responses!

Update...went to the local dealer. Turns out it was never programmed for the change to 220, I guess the electrician doesn't do that part, someone else does and he forgot to tell us that. The owner of the store is coming tomorrow to get it programmed and hopefully that'll take care of the problem!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.