Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: thank you!

1. Back To Top    #1

thank you!

I just wanted to say thank you all for getting me educated! Opened the pool to find a swamp, complete with swimming creatures, and algae all over the walls. and thanks to this site, four days later, my water is sparkling! Now if only it was warm! 64 degrees! Put my feet in and I think I have frost bite!!

FC 5 (holding steady since this morning)
    CC 0
    pH 8 (got a little overly excited about the borax)
    alk 110
    cya 0 (when tested yesterday, but have since added a bunch, waiting to test)

Thank you so much! Could never have done this without the information on this site!
    Shelly

[attachment=1:2otkoocw]pool.jpg[/attachment:2otkoocw][attachment=0:2otkoocw]pool before.jpg[/attachment:2otkoocw]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24 ft AG pool, Hayward DE filter, 1 hp pump
    Would insurance pay for a new pool if that big tree fell in it?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: thank you!

Welcome to TFP, and congrats on clearing up your swamp!
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to the forum

Nice job clearing your pond

Have you gotten an answer to the question in your sig? Inquiring minds want to know
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Funny you should ask, I happen to have a friend who had just put in a new AG pool. A neighbor's tree fell on it, and the insurance adjustor came out and had a look...a wall had a dent, and the top rail was bent a little. They said that it couldn't be fixed, had to replace the whole pool, so he got a check for the full amount of the pool. And when the pool "fixer" came out, he was able to fix it, and my friend got to keep the money for the replacement! A free pool! Kinda makes you wish a tree would fall on your pool....
    24 ft AG pool, Hayward DE filter, 1 hp pump
    Would insurance pay for a new pool if that big tree fell in it?

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by sdunlap
    Funny you should ask, I happen to have a friend who had just put in a new AG pool. A neighbor's tree fell on it, and the insurance adjustor came out and had a look...a wall had a dent, and the top rail was bent a little. They said that it couldn't be fixed, had to replace the whole pool, so he got a check for the full amount of the pool. And when the pool "fixer" came out, he was able to fix it, and my friend got to keep the money for the replacement! A free pool! Kinda makes you wish a tree would fall on your pool....
    That's amazing!

I feel MUCH better about my neighbor's trees
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Wow! Pictures are worth a thousand million bajillion words! Everybody here loves success stories.... Glad you're here and welcome!
    7,000 gal. IG gunite, SWG, PebbleSheen interior finish-Aqua Blue, 8' vanishing edge raised 16-jet overspill spa, 2 12" waterfalls, tan shelf with bubbler.
    Pentair equipment: Easy Touch 8, Intellichlor IC-40, Intelliflo VF 3050, 2.5 hp Whisperflo spa pump, 1 hp Whisperflo water feature pump, Quad 100 DE filter, Master Temp 400 heater, Legend Platinum Cleaner (3/4 hp pump). Autofill, TF-100 Test Kit w/salt and borate strips.

Pisces Pool Build