2017 Bleach Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's usually on the side of the box/bottle, and formatted as a Julian date. For example 17-085 would be the 85th day of 2017. There are a number of charts available online that will let you determine the exact date based on the Julian date.

Leslie's by me regularly runs coupons. $7.98 to refill two 2.5g jugs. That's 5 gallons of 10% for roughly $8. Works out to $1.60 a gallon.

They also do a punch card. Each jug refilled earns a punch. Get 10 and get a free refill. If you go on Wednesday you get double punches. If you always fill up on Wednesday, you can get the effective cost down to $1.33 per gallon!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wish Leslie's in Texas did that! It's at least $4 per gallon around here. HEB is still best for me. Hoping Ace does their $2.50 for 10% sale again this year. They currently have 1# HTH shock at $2.50 which is a deal if you use that stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Leslie's by me regularly runs coupons. $7.98 to refill two 2.5g jugs. That's 5 gallons of 10% for roughly $8. Works out to $1.60 a gallon.

They also do a punch card. Each jug refilled earns a punch. Get 10 and get a free refill. If you go on Wednesday you get double punches. If you always fill up on Wednesday, you can get the effective cost down to $1.33 per gallon!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nice. My Leslie's tried to argue with me about using liquid chlorine. I buy it elsewhere. :p

Home Depot on the east side of Tucson has 2 gallons of 10% for $6.86. I need to recheck with Ekonomy to see if their price is better.

Home Depot also has two gallons of Muriatic Acid (31%) for about $13. That matches Ekonomy's price.

Acid at eKonomy is $4.75 per gallon for their refillable 4 up carrier. So you pay $19 + tax for four gallons. It's cheaper than any other place unless HD is running a sale or you've got coupons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. My Leslie's tried to argue with me about using liquid chlorine. I buy it elsewhere. :p

I had one employee once ask me while I only ever bought liquid chlorine. I told her I had considered a salt generator, but hadn't committed to taking the plunge. She kinda gave me a blank stare, and then said the dry chlorines are just "so much easier". I decided to save my breath...

One good thing about S Florida is that there's a pool in nearly every backyard in most neighborhoods, so there's practically a pool store in every shopping center, and lots of competition. Keeps the prices in check.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Walmart just stocked up on their boxes of 2 gallons of 10% chlorine for $6.44 each. That comes out to $3.22 a gallon. So a small $0.24 savings, but still cheaper.

I'm fresh out of bleach and my local Ollies usually has 12.5% for 2.99. They have 10% for 2.99 this year so far. I guess i'm going to have to get a few gallons of that to open the pool. Hopefully they get the 12% stuff back in this year. They have a Austins Algecide, but not the Pool Shock. And whats up with WalMart??? 10% was $2.50 last year, Its $6.44 for a 2 pack this year.

I couldn't find a date code anywhere on the jugs at ocean sate. Have you found it / am I just an idiot?
I have seen where the cases are marked with the date code and the jugs inside the case are not marked and also where the cases are not marked put yhe jugs in them are. I buy cases at a time and check for the code on the boxes, if there is no code on the box, then i open them and check the jugs for the code. The case I bought last week was Austin Pool Tech Shock and the date code was marked on the box. It was marked with 17088MA, which is the 88th day of 2017 or March 29. I believe that the MA means that the product was manufactured in Austin's Massachusetts plant.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.