How To Fix Leak In My Light Fixture Inground Pool

May 4, 2015
Chardon, ohio
Hi and thanks for looking

I have an inground pool with a vinyl liner and suspect I have a leak in the conduit behind my light fixture. Water has been leaking out of my pool and seems to stop about 2" from the top of the light fixture. Eliminated all other possible leaks in the liner, skimmer, steps and drain and return lines. Can anyone give me some pointers on the best way to repair this myself? What is the best waterproof epoxy to use to do this.

Thanks

Can you get the conduit dry to seal it? If so, a silicon RTV would be a better choice than epoxy because it will be easier to remove the cable when the light needs to be replaces.

The most likely spot for the leak IMO, is at the junction of the niche and the conduit. Do not seal the conduit.......it is supposed to be flooded.

After draining enough water to get too it, I think you could simply caulk that connection (but, again, no caulk or silicone inside the conduit) and perhaps stop the leak

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.