Rogue One is worth every penny of admission!

JoyfulNoise

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
May 23, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Took my two older boys to see Star Wars Rogue One today.

IT. WAS. AWESOME!

It was a great way to tie Episodes 3 & 4 together and the acting was spot-on. The toned down and restrained use of CGI as well as the retro feel of all the tech in the film paid proper respect to the franchise and made the film very enjoyable. Like the original movie, the actors and the dialog were the focus, not a bunch of over-the-top space battle sequences or crazy light-saber ballet.

5-stars in my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loved it myself:cool:
........................almost as much as seeing the original in a THEATRE in 1977! (I need a smiley with a cane!)

I remember my parents dropping off my older brother and sister with the sitter but taking me with them as I was quite young and the sitter "wasn't good with little kids". I remember sitting in the big chair in the big dark room and watching how the light from the projector would cast these long trails across the air at the ceiling (the dust would make light trails sparkle). And I remember being really board and wondering why we were sitting there watching this strange show. But, I had a big box of popcorn in front of me so that made me happy and quiet.

It's one of the earliest memories I have of movie theaters. When I'm bored in a movie (*cough* *cough* rom-com chic-flicks *cough* *cough*), I often catch myself staring up at the ceiling looking at the projected light trails....

Star Wars...

Been around for most of my life, and no end in sight. Makes you think it will be around after you die.

It probably will, as they are bringing new generations to it all the time. My 6, 4, 2 y/o grandsons are all star wars fanatics. They dressed as Darth Vader, Storm Trooper and Yoda for Halloween. Have lots of Star Wars legos, and have seen all the movies (well 2 y/o hasn't seen Rogue).

They are going to be making both a Han Solo Chronicles as well as a series on Boba Fet. So expect to be living with Star Wars for many more years to come.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Came home and watched A New Hope right after. It was seamless from where Rouge left off.

Not to give away spoilers but...man, didn't they ever nail the boarding scene with Darth Vader in the end or what!?!?!

One of the best scenes of Rogue One IMHO!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.