Borax?

Tayni

Aug 7, 2016
Coamo,Puerto Rico
Hi

I will like to know if there is something else I can use instead of borax?

i live in Puerto Rico and I have look for borax on Walmart, Kmart, sam's, Costco, Walgreen and they don't sell them in Puerto Rico. I check on Amazon and some of the seller don't ship to Puerto Rico or the shipping cost more than the product.

some suggestions what other things I can use to raise the ph of my pool?

Arm & Hammer washing soda, also know as sodium carbonate (sorry for the over-emphasis but many people mistake washing soda and baking soda...they are not the same). But do note that washing soda raises both pH and TA.

Most pool water typically has rising pH on its own due to the natural outgassing of CO2. Only water that is low in TA and comes from a more acidic fill source does falling pH become an issue. Typically pH falls in a pool due to the use of dichlor and trichlor.

Is falling pH a problem? Are you using stabilized chlorine (dichlor or trichlor) for chlorination or bleach?

Thank you

well i haven't install my pool yet because my small back yard was under construction. I am planing to install my pool this weekend. But I have been buying the products I will need to clean it

I have a 18x48 pool if I somehow find the way to by borax how many I should get to the first time?

I say don't add borax right now. Borax is an optional addition and we would like to see you get comfortable with maintaining the pool for a period of time before you take this step.

As Tim5055 said, do not add anything to your pool until you understand what it needs. You have to test your water to do that.

An exception to that rule would be chlorine. In that size pool, you can safely add 1/2 jug of Clorox each evening until you can test your water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.