Spa plaster crack turns out to be delamination/bubble

To the point on acid washing. Mine was approx 10 years old SWG system. I did experience a few alge blooms over the years (thanks to my kids maintaining the pool when I was transferred out of state for work as well as accumulating excessive CYA from tabs added by them). When washed, the acid took quite a bit of brown dirt (or scale) off and the finish returned to the original grey. Didnt remove much pebble as was foamed on and washed off almost immediatly.

As said, if your pebble is fairly new or hasn't been through a few alge blooms, you may not see the same results. Probably worth testing a small place first to see.

How does one make room for meat in a beer fridge? And yes, beer goes in those drawers nicely.

4909d079eb375dd4585f2b7c627b1eb6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How does one make room for meat in a beer fridge? And yes, beer goes in those drawers nicely.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wow, you are man of diverse tastes...

Meat goes into the chest freezer (next to the fridge), beer in the fridge. Take meat out the night before to let it defrost on the countertop...there's still some room in there so make an emergency beer-run to the local store!

I am sorry to have missed this great thread until this AM. It took me about 15 minutes to catch up. :whoot:

Y'all have a much better sense of humor than I did when I was building my pool.....probably because I could only be angry at myself for all the mistakes and re-do's.

Originally, I really did not think what I was seeing was worth posting about as plaster cracks/bubbles/repairs/etc are fairly common in any gunite pool that most folks can expect to do some form of plaster repair over the life of their pool surface. Nothing I posted is at all unique. However, where I think the thread turned interesting was when bdavis466 (Brian) posted the pictures of the pools he's worked on and confirmed that my plaster coloration/fading was in line with what he has seen in his work. I think the picture I posted showing how faded the "Caribbean Blue" colored plaster, as well as the differences in the patch color and the original plaster color, is very dramatic.

Which leads me to my conclusion and personal opinion that I think people should prioritize plaster upgrades to the bottom of their lists when building a pool. We see in so many construction threads how people agonize over plaster color and plaster upgrade option (pebble vs mini-pebbles, glass beads, Abalone shells, etc, etc) and I really don't believe it is worth it! New pool owners will spend extra thousands of dollars on plaster upgrades which I think would be better spent on material upgrades (stone coping versus poured, upgraded tile, etc) or equipment upgrades. Plaster surfaces are going to fade over time no matter what you do, so why waste the money on all the extras? As well, color choice is really important and, at the very least, people should be fully aware that whatever color they choose, it's not going to last more than a few seasons. Better to stick with standard colors and minimal "optional" upgrades in my opinion and then put that money to better use elsewhere.

Mediterranean blue in the pool and sandstone on the slide.

I really like the color. Probably similar to yours before the pigment ran away?

Nice combo!

Yes, the Medi Blue looks very similar to the Caribbean Blue PTek. I think I'd want to go a bit darker though....and get a stencil done with my favorite album cover art -

19327885d20a2c111295890db2473256.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.