Spa water not heating up to temp

Nov 1, 2015
Vermont
Hello!

Been having an issue with my spa heating up correctly and I thought I would try my luck here before throwing in the towel and calling in the local "professionals", maybe someone here has some ideas. I've done some searching on the forums but so far haven't found quite the same issue.

The water temperature reading is consistently showing about 5 degrees lower than what it is set to, for example right now it is set to 101 and the temp is showing as 96. As a result, the pump is running non-stop, I'm assuming because the water never comes up to temperature thus it just keeps running trying to heat it but meanwhile the heater isn't coming on because it thinks all is fine (my overly simplistic view lol).

This is with an older (2004) Beachcomber 520 spa, no turbo or hush pump options. I haven't been able to find much in the way of schematics to assist in the troubleshooting, not that I'm entirely sure where I'd head if I did. I've dealt with an issue before were I accidentally dislodged the heat sensor thus the water hit maximum temp and auto-shutoff but that was pretty easy to figure out once I got in there.

Should I call in the cavalry?

you may need to replace that same heat sensor.. can you turn it up to 105 and the temp hits 100? if so I would think that would be the sensor reading being off...

I hope this helps :)

Hello!

Been having an issue with my spa heating up correctly and I thought I would try my luck here before throwing in the towel and calling in the local "professionals", maybe someone here has some ideas. I've done some searching on the forums but so far haven't found quite the same issue.

The water temperature reading is consistently showing about 5 degrees lower than what it is set to, for example right now it is set to 101 and the temp is showing as 96. As a result, the pump is running non-stop, I'm assuming because the water never comes up to temperature thus it just keeps running trying to heat it but meanwhile the heater isn't coming on because it thinks all is fine (my overly simplistic view lol).

This is with an older (2004) Beachcomber 520 spa, no turbo or hush pump options. I haven't been able to find much in the way of schematics to assist in the troubleshooting, not that I'm entirely sure where I'd head if I did. I've dealt with an issue before were I accidentally dislodged the heat sensor thus the water hit maximum temp and auto-shutoff but that was pretty easy to figure out once I got in there.

Should I call in the cavalry?

Yeah, you're first assumption isn't safe. Verify the temp with another probe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, on Christmas even! :)

Yes, that's exactly what happens. The thermometer is reading correctly but the sensor thinks the temp is correct before it gets corrected. I've been so busy that I still haven't dealt with it but I have someone coming on Thursday to take a look and I believe that's exactly what he'll be doing, replacing the sensor.

Oh, and I did confirm with a separate probe thermometer that the temp being displayed on the unit is correct.

X

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.