water level question for above ground pool before covering the pool

Zindar

Jun 4, 2011
Austin, Texas
Hello, I'm about to remove the leaves from my pool, and check the chemical levels before putting my pool cover on it for the winter. Right now, the water level is very close to the top of the skimmer hole, because of all the rain we've had. Is it advised that I should lower this level before covering it? If so, why is this advised? I should mention I live in Austin Texas, so the winters are mild here, but I see there is some below freezing forecast for later this week.

Are you going to use a leaf cover than can permit rain water in or a solid cover? Are you planning on "winterizing" the pool---------draining lines and not running the equipment and such?

I don't think my cover is permiable water-wise, so I think once I cover it, rain won't get in.

Last winter I did disconnect my equipment, but based on advice on another thread here, my plan this winter is leave everything hooked up, because of how far south Austin is. I also received advice that if I know freezing weather is approaching, that I should run my pump during that freezing weather.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.