Skim-A-Round Skimmer - Top surface

My understanding of these are they are like adjunct skimmers. I've suggested them before to folks whose skimmers were inadequate for whatever reason. This would do the surface as your other cleaner does the bottom.. but perhaps not at the same time :gone:

Can you improve on your skimmer action via valves before investing in the skim-a-round?

I bought one recently and don't like it much. It doesn't create much of vortex as they claim, and debris tends to gather around the edges of their unit, not in the skimmer basket. Leaves that aren't perfectly flat don't get sucked into the basket either but tend to bunch around the edge, and when the filter shuts off, they float away.

Skim-A-Round doesn't allow negative constructive comments about their product on their Facebook page, only positive comments.

Would not recommend. Far quicker to manually skim with a net. Unfortunately they only offer a 10 day return, so I'm out of luck.

That's useful information, Sdjimbob. Is there any way to tweak it?

Curious- how much was this??

I have this in my pool. I think I paid $150. I have mixed feelings about this. I have it connected to my suction cleaner and seems to do ok with cleaning the surface. It does take away from the suction of the cleaner though.

I don't get too much leaves in my pool, maybe with someone with lots of trees around their pool will find it more useful.

I did notice the pool surface looks cleaner and I have not had to use the hand skimmer as much. I am thinking of selling it on Ebay,

I have this in my pool. I think I paid $150. I have mixed feelings about this. I have it connected to my suction cleaner and seems to do ok with cleaning the surface. It does take away from the suction of the cleaner though.

I don't get too much leaves in my pool, maybe with someone with lots of trees around their pool will find it more useful.

I did notice the pool surface looks cleaner and I have not had to use the hand skimmer as much. I am thinking of selling it on Ebay,

Just a note: the Skim A Round is $35.99. I put one in my pool a few months ago and the vortex seems pretty strong and it looks to be helping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.