Rubber ducky says time is running out!

A cheap way to extend the swim season is to use a wet suit. I can swim in 73 degree water without a huge shock when I wear a wet suit. Water feels a lot warmer. There are long and short sleeve wet suits. I use a short sleeve.

A cheap way to extend the swim season is to use a wet suit. I can swim in 73 degree water without a huge shock when I wear a wet suit. Water feels a lot warmer. There are long and short sleeve wet suits. I use a short sleeve.

I'm going to look very odd, sleeping on my pool float in a wet suit! It would cut down on the need for sunscreen, though...

Inverness Fl. water at 84--after 1 1/2 hr. run with Pentair Heat Pump. cover back up with solar blanket after we swim to keep the heat in. Only lose about 1 to 1 1/2 temp per cool nights now. This year we're shooting for swimming in December. Last year it stayed sunny enough to do that but we didn't keep the temp. up, we let it drop. Then in Dec. last year it got in the 80's. Oh well. We never close the pool up total.

I jumped in our pool last night when I got home from work - the pool had climbed from the upper 60's back up to a balmy 72° so I figured I might miss out and I better jump in...it was refreshing, but felt a little cold to me, my Son won't get in.

Hopefully today with some warm sun it will feel better. I think this will be the last weekend for our pool this year...we made it to Nov 1 last year.

Our son-in-law and granddaughter have a little ritual of hopping in the cold pool on New Years and then jumping into the hot tub to warm back up. I've never seen a girl jump back out of a pool so fast in my life as last year!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.