Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding heater to AGP system

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding heater to AGP system

We are having our pool heater installed this next week and a question has come up. Right now our filter system is just hooked up with the flexible hose that came with the pool set-up. A plumber I talked to about doing this work for us said that we now need to switch everything over to PVC pipe in order to add the heater. Is that so? I hate to see this turn into any bigger of a project than it has to be. Its a Hayward H-100 natural gas heater.
    Leanne
    Pool: 24' round by 48" deep AGP
    Waterway 1HP-2 speed pump, H100 Heater, sand filter, skimmer, using BBB (love it!)
    Hot tub: 2008 CalSpas, 8x8, 8 seats, 60+ jets, ozonator
    3 step bromine sanitation

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding heater to AGP system

at least from your filter to the heater and then back to the pool...the skimmer line can stay flexible, but at that point I would change it all.....diy hard pipping is less than $100
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Just make sure you have plenty of drain out junctions for the winter/closing.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

4. Back To Top    #4

We replaced the flexible corrugated hoses as quickly as possible on the advice of our installer. He had seen too many of those split within one season because many are just barely sufficient to handle the pressure of the water and the weathering that they get. The ones that came with both my pump and the solar panels were more like vacuum cleaner hoses than real pipe.
    28 ft round Doughboy Sand Dollar II AGP, Aug 2008: 4 ft shallow, 6ft deep end: 24K gal approx Hayward Power-Flo Matrix
    1&1/2-HP 2-SPD Pump, Hayward 27-Inch Sand Filter with a little DE -(2) 4ftx20ft Solar Bear AGP Panels w/ Goldline auto-controller, 50ppm Borates And some day, maybe this year, a DECK!!!