Back from Winter Hibernation - SLAM time !!

Hey Steve,

Thanks for pointing that out.
As it happens I do have an empty 15l tub from my LPS that I got 18 months ago before I was evangelised to the TFP way :)
So I need to return that (to reclaim my deposit at the very least), but I will check their price too. I haven't been back to the LPS in over 12 months and they used to know me quite well so they'll probably wonder what I've been up to -

Don't know how to tell them Ive been "cheating" on them - lol !

Hey Sal,
If cost is the main factor you may find that the LPS is the cheepest. My LPS sell both chlorine and HCl cheaper than Bunnings .....

Hey Steve - just an afterthought - have you tested out Bunnings' "price match guarantee" against your LPS?
They will allegedly beat any genuine competitor's price by 10%. I am sure there will be fine print to let them weasel their way out of it, but it might be fun to try one afternoon when I'm bored :) In my case Bunnings and LPS are both very close to me (a couple of k's in each direction) so its an easy comparison to do.

Hey Steve - just an afterthought - have you tested out Bunnings' "price match guarantee" against your LPS?

I got them on 150mm storm water fittings a while back, it was worth it at the time but I wouldn't bother over a couple of dollars, and I certainly wouldn't drive half way to Brisbane just to go to a Masters store for a close out sale. I doubt Bunnings would match the cost of bulk fill chlorine ($$/litre) and the last time I checked, acid was much the same.

For me convenience is just as important as cost. I was a little surprised to find that the cost of chlorine, acid and salt is not that different in the LPS but the pool industry is huge around here with no shortage of customers. I'm certainly not promoting the LPS but if it costs the same and is more convenient than why not, just stay away from poor advice and their chemical smorgasbord. For CYA, Ca and bycarb I generally keep some handy and get it from Bunnings, BigW, Clark Rubber, or even Coles or woollies some times. For boric acid, test equipment and reagents its eBay, poolvacparts (postage is a killer) or Clear Choice Labs is a great alternative for us Aussies.

The Masters "closing down sale" is a joke - the whole Masters experiment has been a bit of a joke really !

I got my Taylors kit from a US online store in Arizona - the delivery actually wasn't too bad and was very quick via DHL - and am planning to get refills next year when I head to the US for a holiday !!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.