Prologic transformer getting very hot

tom54

Sep 16, 2016
baltimore maryland
All,

I have a prologic system where the small transformer inside the unit is getting very hot. I don't remember it getting hot (maybe it did) but it gets hot to the touch and even makes the metal box containing the system hot to the touch.

Both Hayward tech support and my pool company says this is normal but I just can't imagine it is...am I wrong??

One note, the motherboard to the system was replaced a few weeks ago if that matters.

Is this heating of the transformer normal?

Thanks very much in advance for your help!

Re: Aqualogic transformer getting very hot

All,

I have a aqualogic system where the small transformer inside the unit is getting very hot. I don't remember it getting hot (maybe it did) but it gets hot to the touch and even makes the metal box containing the system hot to the touch.

Both Hayward tech support and my pool company says this is normal but I just can't imagine it is...am I wrong??

One note, the motherboard to the system was replaced a few weeks ago if that matters.

Is this heating of the transformer normal?

Thanks very much in advance for your help!

Sorry...it's an "aqua logic" system

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.