Urgently need help deciding between two DS pumps

Apr 4, 2014
Alabama
So I posted a few months ago asking for advice on replacing a dead pump. Need confirmation on a motor replacement. Thanks to mas985 I settled on a STS1072RV, ordered it from INYOpools and the necessary switch from another online store. That was 40+ days ago and still no pump... They told me it was out of stock and would ship directly from the manufacturer in 1-2 weeks. After that window closed, it was going to ship on 9/7, and yet here we are. They've now offered to send me a B973T http://www.inyopools.com/Products/00000017069218.htm. It's $15 cheaper than the pump I'm supposed to be receiving, but is it a better deal? I also see it's 115V, whereas the others are 230v. Will this be an issue for me when it comes to installation?

For future reference, stick with same thread. It would have pinged me.

Anyway, the B973T will work however, the diameter is larger than the STS1072RV and your original motor so the motor support would need to be modified. Some SuperPumps came with a removable shim to make the transition easier but not all. If you have one that is not removable then you will need to modify it yourself.

Andru1d,

I really apologize for the inconvenience on this, I asked Andy in customer service to give you a call and it looks like he upgraded you to a variable speed replacement motor at no extra charge as the original motor was on backorder with Century with no ETA. Thanks so much for your patience and I think you will be happy with the variable speed motor, if you have any issues please let me know.

Thank You
Patrick
Swimming Pool Supplies, Pool Safety Cover, Swimming Pool Covers, Swimming Pool Pumps, Pool Pump Parts - INYOPools.com

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.