New pool build, a few questions from a newbie.

Sep 11, 2016
Laval, Quebec
Hello all. Soon to be pool owner, so I have a few questions. Just signed a contract that will install an in ground pool in few weeks. Probably should have come here first, but late is better than never I guess.
Fairly small pool (9' x 21'). Contract says we are getting a 1HP Hayward SuperPump II, Hayward Low salt system, and a Hayward Titanium 55K BTU heat pump.
Would it be wise to get a pump timer? The electrical company recommends one to avoid high electricty bills. I don't know anything about pool electrical, but I assume I would have to purchase a timer before the electrician comes to wire everything up (I am assuming the pump is hardwired, rather than the plug into an outlet type?)
Now for my second question. Our pool will be installed this fall but only used next summer (Canada here, bathing season has pretty much come to an end). I'll be winterizing the pool about 1 month after it's installed. Should I forget about the salt this year (save it for next summer) and just add chlorine to keep the water clean until I am ready to winterize?

Welcome to TFP!

Yes, the pump is hard wired and should be wired to a timer. It would save even more money if you got a 2 speed pump and run it know for filtering. Yes, waiting until spring to add salt is fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.