Closing Above Ground Pool - Discovered Leak near the return

Jul 31, 2015
Windham, NH
Long story short....We replaced our existing 24' round AG Pool this season. We put it together ourselves, including the liner. We ended up with an issue mid-season with the liner pulling away from the skimmer...big leak issue. Resolved the leak issue and had more pool water delivered. Sand Filter blew out after we got pool up and running again...replaced sand filter with DE Filter. Finally had pool working and able to use it. This past week just before we were planning to close the pool we discovered water was going down again. Can't add more water from well....in middle of drought conditions here in NH. Had to turn filter off and pool has been sitting stagnant for a week now. I'm pretty sure the leak is at the return. My plan is to lower the water, see what is going on with the return and try and fix it. Then just cover the pool for the season and block off the return and skimmer.

I won't be able to bring pool to shock level and run filter prior to closing. Any thoughts on this? I just don't want to cause any damage to our new pool and I'm thinking it will just be more work getting it open next year. I plan to open it early even though it will be too cold to use, just to prevent more work.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.