New above ground pool owner

Aug 26, 2016
Reading, Pa.
Hello and thank you for the useful and informative information thru this site. My 18 foot round is about 3 weeks old now. Once filled, I put in some conditioner that came with the pool package and have been using the pucks as well. Read up on a lot here and bought myself a Taylor kit.

My numbers have been good so far, I think :
FC 7
CC 0
PH 7.6
TA120
CH 200
CYA 47

So I am stopping the pucks now as from reading here it will only raise my CYA to a level I do not want. I am armed with the non-additive bleach bottles and know to use the pool math calculator.

My question is how often do I now perform the tests?
Do they all need the same frequency?

Thank you again for all past and future help.
Dave

Starting out on the right foot!

i test chlorine daily, when I am not traveling. The rest, weekly. Rains a lot here, so I keep my eye on CYA.

It's best to test daily at first, until you get a good feel for how much chlorine your pool consumes in a day. Then once you're comfortable with it, you can start to go 2 or 3 days without testing. Just continue to add the normal amount of chlorine each day.

Since your CYA is still at a manageable level, your target FC is only 5 and your minimum 4. You can measure this easily with an OTO drop test daily, and save the FAS-DPD reagents for a weekly test once you get it all stabilized.

FC and pH is all I check on a daily or semi-daily basis.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.