Pool coping recommendations/suggestions needed

Aug 16, 2015
Upstate, NY
This is our small self-built pool. We were thinking to use 12" wide bluestone, but with the golden pebble liner, I am concerned the blue/grey would detract rather than enhance the turquoise water color the liner creates. Stepstone's square modular coping series has some nice tan shades. Is there a natural stone that would provide a more brown/tan color spectrum instead of greys? We are going country style, so beyond the coping will be grass.

Thanks so much for any suggestions or commentary.

Erin2016-09-04 11.27.15.jpg

Another vote for travertine.

Also, would love to see photos of your build!

Thanks. I did some googling on travertine, and it is a fantastic match for what I am envisioning. For some reason I thought travertine may not be wise in an area with freezing winters. Is that a problem or am I making that up? I am in upstate NY.

Also I did a horrible job of taking photos during the construction. I have one of the excavator, then one backfilled but no liner, and now liner installed. Regardless, I will put together a build post, I just wish I had done a better job with the photo documentation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.