Lowering FC & TA

Starting next week I'm going to have to take over my pool maintenance from my PB. Since the very beginning my FC (28) has been much higher than the recommended levels. I currently have my salt cell set at 60% (it was at 80% w/ the PB settings) but I lowered it and the FC has come down to 18.5. Should I lower it to maybe 50% and just keep an eye on the FC or should I take immediate action once I can start changing things myself? Test results from today:

FC 18.5
CC 0
PH 7.8
CH 375
TA 160 (from what I've read I would need to lower PH to get this down to recommend of 60-80, but will that take the PH out of its recommended range?)
CYA 70
Salt 3000

Just slowly adjust the % down until you get to the FC level you want to maintain. As far as the pH and TA, yes the pH and TA will go down with the use of MA. Your pH will raise from the SWG and Spa spillover. Just do the pH lowering a little at a time.

Thanks for the quick response! Thanks that's what I was thinking but being new to pool ownership I always want to double check everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure that you use Pool Math and check your CSI. Best to maintain it around 0 if I remember correctly.

Based on pool math I'm at .51 and target is .12...but then it says less than -.6 problems for plaster ect and greater than .6 possible problems for all pools. Guess I'm okay for now l. I assume once the TA and FC get in line that gets me closer to the target .12?

CSI should ideally be -0.3 to 0.3

Nothing wrong with turning off the SWG for a day, just stay on top of your FC so it does not drop below target.

CSI should ideally be -0.3 to 0.3

Nothing wrong with turning off the SWG for a day, just stay on top of your FC so it does not drop below target.

Set aquapure to 0%, is that essentially turning it off or is there an actual off button? Had a huge pool party yesterday and still no FC loss today. I suppose this would be fantastic if I was at my target except I'm 4x my target right now. I'll monitor daily to see FC loss, is there an approx amount of FC I should lose per day? If I don't lose any what could be going on?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.