Am I reading test results right?

25ml test was:
FC 18.8
CC 0.4

10ml test was:
FC 22.0
CC 1.0

Since your addition an hour before showed a loss of 2ppm (on the 10ml sample), yes, you could have lost that much in an hour.

Stick with one method or the other. I suggest the 10ml.

How is it going today?

It dosen't look better, it looks worse, I can't see the bottom now. I am at 20ppm and 10 CC. this morning. The 10 ml sample was 44 drops and then 2 CC again to clear. I am just going to add more bleach by the pool calculator.

Using a 10 ml sample, 44 drops would be FC 22. If you then added the 5 drops to turn it pink and then it took 2 drops to clear, that's CC 1.

My pool is finally totally blue today, no green tint at all. It is still very cloudy though, so I am thinking that is just dead bleached out algae maybe. I am wondering if I should put some algaecide in it? Any suggestions? I am going to be gone for 4 days so to not (hopefully) lose all the progress just have my neighbor dump a half gallon of bleach in it to hopefully keep it moving along. Thanks, I have finally got the chlorine testing down good now since I have had to do it so much.

I've been where you are... Just stick to chlorine, brush and vacuum! Having your neighbor add chlorine for you will hopefully keep you greenless until you get back and can complete the job.

O,k,thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

No, not really, I havent, i just put the values a couple of times a day into the pool calculator and it tells me what to add in the a.m. And i do again in p.m. last time I added 70 ounces so that's why I just told him a half gallon.

Re: How much bleach to shock

even with DE in the NEW sand filter it was blowing back out in the water, so I added more DE.

Is this a red flag to anyone else? Channels in the sand seem unlikely in a new filter, but I would think DE blowing through a healthy sand filter is unlikely as well.

I'm wondering if laterals were damaged by improper loading of the sand, or maybe not enough sand in the filter?

I wouldnt think so my brother did it and he is a pool contractor for 40 yrs but we are getting old. We tore out my 18 yr old pool this yr and replaced everything new before we get older even. It was clear first half of year i let the cya get to 120 and thats when everything went bad.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.