New finish New kit New to TFP

Lanailounger

Silver Supporter
Aug 23, 2016
Southwest Florida
Hello
Have been reading this site for several months and here I am. New pebble finish in May not a good startup and relying on pool store all summer.
My pool is mostly oval 31ft long and 14 ft wide avg depth 4.4 ft . Attached spa. Was told it was a 15000 gal pool but not sure according to pool math.
Need your support since I am unsure of myself but so far my pool has looked great.
Yesterday numbers FC 5.5 early AM and lots of sun
CC .5
PH 7.5 repeated in afternoon and looked more like 7.8 added acid
TA 100
CYA 70
CH450
all summer according to pool store my CH was around 300 175 after start up
Not using SWG at present due to adding a descaler (recommended by PB) Has helped a little. Using liquid chlorine .
Today numbers FC 3.5 added chlorine today
CC .5
PH 7.5 Did not repeat other numbers since I played around with kit Monday and Tuesday repeating tests and don't want to go through
regents
Also having a hard time with differentiating colors in the OT kit
Hope you can reassure me and help me also I consider myself NOT a computer person so bear with me
Thanks

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: The best thing you have going for you is that TF-100. The more you use it the better you will be at managing your numbers. Your CH really not in a bad place. It's on the high end of the scale for a SWG, and slightly elevated for a non-SWG pool. So it's not horrible. If you're worried about it, you can counter-balance the elevated CH by ensuring your pH and TA do not grow too high. The three of them (CH, pH, and TA) work together to manage scale and/or corrosion in the pool. With a new pool, your pH will try to rise quickly as the plaster continues to cure, so keep the muriatic acid on-hand to lower pH to the mid-7s. Each time you do that, it should help to lower TA a little as well. You can let that TA drop to the 60-80 range which should help a lot as well.

For FC testing, I would rely on the FAS-DPD portion (powder & drops) for accuracy. To help "practice" and calibrate your eyes to match FC colors on the OTO tester, do the OTO after the powder & drops to match expected results. That might help. Also remember, with a CYA of 70 you'll want to keep the FC elevated a bit to avoid algae until you start using the SWG again. Hope this helps. Have a nice day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.