First Time Question (Can I Never Run My Pump)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to think that the pump running and the daily filtering is also keeping the water from just being stagnent. Perhaps you're unaware of what clean, clear pool water can look like since this is your first pool?

Do you have people come swim?

No one here says you *must* run your pump for 8 hours a day...some run it for 2, some for 24. The skin cells and small debris need to be collected in the filter, and the use of an appropriate amount of chlorine to oxidize sweat, urine, etc is necessary. If you are trying to cut back on expenses perhaps running the pump at off-peak times would help you cut costs.

There is a difference between being frugal and being cheap. With a pool and its inherent responsibilities to maintain its sanitation you are risking the health of swimmers and the conditions of your water. The TFP methods help you care for your water in the safest, most frugal way.

I'm just Hanna chime in to agree with post #10. Those test results you posted are far from ideal. Do you want to learn proper chemical balance or experiment on pool life without a pump circulating water?

It your pool and it is entirely up to you.

Thanks for helping Kelly!

Here is the answers to your questions.

1.How are you getting perfect numbers?
I really don't know how they come out perfect, it seems from other posts people are having loads of problems with there pools.

2.Do you have a test.
Yes, I bought a strip test at my local hardware store...FYI below are last nights results:
Total Hardness:250
Total Chlorine: 3
Free Chlorine: 3
pH: 7.2
Total Alkalinity: 120
Stabilizer: 100

3.If you don't run the pump, what is your method for getting rid of leaves, dead bugs, dust, pollen, etc. We then take a net and get the leaves from the top daily, this also gets the bugs and pollen...however, some of the leaves and debris do fall to the bottom. We then vacuum the bottom and sides 2 times a week and leave pump running for an hour or 2 tops.

My main question to everyone is that if tests are perfect and the pool is nice and blue, why should I run the pump at all besides what I'm doing? Or am I missing the small particles that I can't see or be detected by a test?

Thanks so much to everyone!!!!

My main question to everyone is that if tests are perfect and the pool is nice and blue, why should I run the pump at all besides what I'm doing?
That question has been answered more than once on this thread. Since you do not like those answers, then perhaps you shouldn't run your pump. Enjoy your remarkable pool. The thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.