Sta Rite Dura Glass II & Max E Glass II U9-375 O Ring

Jul 22, 2016
San Francisco
http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/DuraGlasIIOM.pdf

Novice pool owner here. I am told I own the above pump. I had a leak in my O ring key number 18 on the diagram. I searched high and dry for an authentic U9-375 O ring but could not find one and ended up buying some generic online. It has to be wrapped around the cover lid which I find odd for an O ring. The pump housing has dimples which I feel the O ring should fit in. Thats how I remember the old O ring working. Has anyone had this problem and where to buy the real deal O ring which will fit properly? I called Pentair and they helped me locate a store in my local area who claimed to have the genuine O ring but it turns out the store lied to Pentair and Pentair is pretty clueless? So where to get this O ring?

There are lots of fakes and knockoffs online including on Amazon.

The problem is when I turn off the pump, water shoots out the side of the lid (which is new). Yes I lubed it.

Thanks in advance.

When you install it make sure to use a silicone lubricant (not silicone adhesive) and DO NOT use any petroleum product. Petroleum jelly, etc. will cause o-rings to swell and not fit over time. Some people use a PTFE lubricant, which will also work if it is petroleum free. When you lubricate the o-ring you only need to use a tiny dab of silicone lubricant, small pea size drop is enough for a pump basket o-ring, more is not better.

Re: Sta Rite Dura Glass II & Max E Glass II U9-375 O Ring

THIS Oring should fit the bill. By the way, it is key 17 on the diagram you linked to.

Amazon.com : Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass || Pump Lid O-Ring, U9-375, O-12 : Swimming Pool Parts : Patio, Lawn Garden
I bought this one and it has the problems I mentioned. Is yours a GENUINE Pentair? And you tried it?

- - - Updated - - -

When you install it make sure to use a silicone lubricant (not silicone adhesive) and DO NOT use any petroleum product. Petroleum jelly, etc. will cause o-rings to swell and not fit over time. Some people use a PTFE lubricant, which will also work if it is petroleum free. When you lubricate the o-ring you only need to use a tiny dab of silicone lubricant, small pea size drop is enough for a pump basket o-ring, more is not better.
Yes I used silicone lube purchased from a legit pool supply chain. It helps of course but IMO the water squirting out points to the fact the O ring has to be wrapped around the lid instead of being seated in the dimple area on the pump.

Just put in groove in the top of basket housing, use a little lubricant on top of it. When you screw lid on you can use a piece of wood or something similar between the two extrusions on the lid to tighten down. When the pump is on the suction pulls the lid down even tighter and when it turns off it relaxes so you may get a small squirt of water. This is not a problem as long as when it is running there is no air in basket housing.U9-375 - PENTAIR POOL PRODUCTS - O-RING, TRAP COVER

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.