Taylor Refill Alternatives in Canada? (2016 update)

Quick question - I bought a Taylor K2006 kit from the US (managed to get it to Canada somehow) at a reasonable price, and now I'm running low on the chlorine reagents (R-0870 powder and R-0871). Since the pool is indoors, I really haven't used much of the other reagents, so I'm really just looking to be able to continue to measure my chlorine accurately.

Is there an alternative to the Taylor products that is easily available in Canada? Canadian pricing is way out to lunch on Taylor products. It looks like Piscines-Apollo used to be recommended for Taylor products, but it doesn't look to be selling anymore.

TLDR; I have a good kit, running low on R-0871, don't want to spend a fortune for a 0.75 ounce bottle of reagent and a bit of powder.

R-0871 2 oz

Amazon.com: $11.86 + Free Shipping (USD, will not ship to Canada)
Amazon.ca: $27.27 + $12.54 Shipping (CAD)

Lowry: $39.95 CAD + ?? Shipping (CAD)

Even accounting for the exchange rate, the price is only ~ $15 CAD from Amazon.com.

I just ran out of my R-0871 today, and already I feel blind. I know I'm going to have to get more - hoping maybe a retailer around here at least stocks it so I don't have to pay shipping and can get it right away.

Did I see mention that some pool stores in the US sell Taylor chemicals? Next time I'm across the border I will stock up if so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.