Starting over questions

Jun 26, 2016
Hattiesburg MS
My CYA got completely out of wack and it was just cheaper to drain and re-fill. can someone tell me as i am refilling what i need to do. my SWG requires 4000-4500 so do i add salt and liquid chlorine as i fill? or wait till i have filled it check the readings and then add chlorine and salt?

If you're filling from a hose and it's going to take a couple days I'd try to guess how many gallons are in there each day and add enough chlorine to give around 3ppm FC to keep the green away.
Are you also starting to add CYA back in too ??
I'd wait until you can start the equipment pump to begin adding salt.

Do you know how your CYA got out of wack so it doesn't happen again ??

i am new to taking over my pool, and i did not have stabilizer to add. We have had an extreme summer this year and i simply did not have enough salt that my manual recommended for my SWG, and due to no stabilizer the UV was eating any chlorine i put in the pool. I have thoroughly read my SWG manual and got the TF-100 and joining this site i know what i need to do on a regular basis. But starting over i want to do it correctly. My water pressure is really good so it will only take a day to fill my pool. I plan on draining this weekend. i just need help in doing the right steps as the filling process starts.

Have you picked up stabilizer so you have it on hand now ??
Looks like Home Depot in Hattiesburg has some on hand. HTH 4 lb. Stabilizer and Conditioner-61316 - The Home Depot
Maybe Walmart too ??

Have you tested the tap water to see what the pH is ?? That way you'll know if you'll need to have something to raise or lower it when it's in the pool.

That's great on the water's pH !! You likely don't have to do a thing with that at the beginning.
Just drain and start the refill with some stabilizer for 30 ppm in front of the hose and when it's near full get the pump running and dose with some bleach and start adding salt and brush, brush, brush.
You should be all set then for your weekend "project" :roll:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.