Question on cleaning SWG's

Feb 14, 2016
McKinney. TX
I just cleaned my Circupool SWG for the first time. The "cleaning" light on the unit was not on, but the housing is see through and the plates and (particularly) the terminals to the base were pretty gunked up. Not a big deal...just scraped the scale off and blasted with the garden hose. Took about 15 minutes as the "scale" was very soft (mushy).

My question to you SWG owners is, does the scaling reduce the efficiency of the unit? Have not noticed any increased chlorine production since the cleaning.

Not really. When it does it will turn the lights on. Good that you didn't use acid to clean, that will shorten the life of the cell. If you manage your CSI it will reduce the need to clean your cell and extend the life of your plaster by a decade or more. Enter all your test your results in PoolMath and it will give you a CSI number. Keep that number between -0.3 and 0 to avoid scale in your pool and your SWG cell. Tweak you PH and TA to change the number.

More here, Pool School - Page Not Found

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.