Help! Spray deck prep wreaking havoc on my water!

TheBraLady

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2015
Concord, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So my water was sparkly:

And this is the situation this morning:

Now granted, the first pic is at the end of a SLAM in the full sun...and this morning is a little cloudy and TONS of concrete dust swirling in the air...

Now to my questions:

At the moment it is what it is. Gotta make a mess to get the pretty deck. I get it.

But what can/should I do to keep this under control, or damage to water chemistry to a minimum?

My pump is running and I've backwashed the filter once already since they've been working, and I typically never have to backwash often at all. Twice in a year so far.

Should my filter be on high or low?

Here's what they used to clean the deck - some of which definitely got into my water:

Once they're done, can I run the robot in the pool to get all the debris out? Or should I manually vacuum? (I've never done it! Love the Dolphin!)

I posted this in my build thread as well, but am really freaking out, so please forgive me for creating this new post! :bounce: (That's me - bouncing around freaking out!)

Thank you so much!!

Sara

You should run your filter on high, backwash when PSI reaches 25% above clean pressure. Not an issue using your robot. I would run it for a few hours, then let more settle and then run it again.
It's just sediment in your pool that caused the cloudiness, not a chemical reaction with the cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.