Skimmer air leak

May 15, 2016
Dallas,Tx
Noticed the other day my pump would lose prime every 30 seconds or so and then prime back up and run for 30 seconds. Isolated the problem to one of the skimmers by turning off the Jandy valve. Ordered new O-rings for the valve hoping that would fix the problem but no luck. I'm out of ideas on what to do next...:confused:

This sounds a lot like a skimmer basket that is sucking itself dry due to a bad (or missing) weir. Or at least has a vortex allowing air to get to the pipe.

Does the isolated skimmer have an intact, functioning (goes up and down freely) weir? Is the water level 1/2 to 2/3 up the skimmer?

Update - Attech2 beat me, sorry for the double up

Well guys that was the issue. The weir was stuck about 1/4 open. Water was flowing under the door but it wasn't enough to keep the water level from dropping. I got it swinging again and everything seems good now. I will monitor for a few days just to make sure. Thanks for the help!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.