Pool Equipment Location

brunnesa

Bronze Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
Tuttle Ok
Just looking at the many pool build threads here. So many beautiful pools! Eventually, I am going to have a pool installed in my yard when funds allow. Something that I would like to have is my pool equipment enclosed in a building or such. I was thinking about a pool side cabana with a room on the back side for the equipment. Does anyone have any examples of something like this that they have done? Is there any particular reason that many have their pool equipment on a a pad out in the open? Thanks.

Scott

Is there any particular reason that many have their pool equipment on a a pad out in the open? Thanks.

Scott

Convenience and space. You'll find as many reasons as there are people. If I lived somewhere where houses are built on huge lots and space is available for a cabana/pool house, then I'd build one. But I live in the city where lots are of limited size and building codes preclude construction of pretty much anything that would be convenient, so the equipment sits on a pad at the side of the house.

Like Geebot, space limitations preclude possibility of a large structure so I never considered it. Also, hiding the equipment was one of my goals. Without the option of a Cabana to hide the equipment behind, an equipment pad is easier for me to hide on my lot (and works for my climate) than a pool shed or other structure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.