First ALGAE problem in 21 yrs!

Update....Full Test... Received my Speedstir, MUCH EASIER!

2:30 pm 7/30/16

CYA - 60
FC - 19
CC - 0.5
TC - 19.5
CH - 75
TA - 80
PH - 7.5

I added 65 oz of 12.5% to bring to 27ppm, a little over my shock level for 60 CYA

Stay tuned!

Hi All TFP Pro's!

First of all, THANKS SO MUCH for all of your help! This process WORKS!!

Ok, so it's now been 11 days in SLAM mode. As of day 9, I can say that the water was pretty clear. On the morning of 8/4/16, the OCLT was 3.5ppm loss. This morning, the OCLT was a 2.5ppm loss. The water looks crystal clear. I'm still keeping the FC at SLAM level and I'm thinking I may be on the homestretch! My wife thinks I'm crazy continuing this process as the pool looks so good! Will I typically see a lower loss of FC overnight as I continue? I've already bought more FAS/DPD test reagents and I'm worried I'm gonna' run out again if I keep this up...

Well I think my SLAM is done! Thanks so much for everyone's help, the pool looks great! So now I just let my FC levels come down to "normal" for my CYA of 50-60? I was thinking of maintaining normal levels of 5ppm FC so I could use the OTO test.

1) Would that be OK?
2) Any other suggestions to keep the pool looking like this as time goes on?

I will post a full set of test results when my FC is at normal and adjust accordingly at that time. I've learned a lot in this process! Thanks Again!

Hi Vito,

If your CYA truly is in the 50-60 range, I'd recommend targeting higher than 5ppm chlorine. I'd be aiming at 7.

I know I keep my CYA high since I have and SWG and have a pool in a lot of sun and I never use the OTO test. I understand wishing for the simplest route, but I prefere the clear water route.

OK...Here are my latest full set of tests from 10:30 am on 8/11/16:

FC - 8.5
CC - 0.5
PH - 7.5
CH - 100
TA - 80
CYA - 50

I plan on keeping my "Normal" FC levels between 6 & 7. Should I bring up my TA & CH according to Pool Math at this time? What number do you think I should aim for on each? Everything else seems to look fine and the pool is crystal clear! This has been educating...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.