Clueless in connecticut... Need help

Jul 10, 2016
Greenwich
We are having our first ever pool built.

Can any of you help us figure out how to decide what color Stonescape pebbles to use?

Our pool is only 4.5 feet deep...essentially a lap pool. It's in a wide open area with no trees and no shadows.

We are hoping to end up with a darkish blue color that does NOT look like a pale blue pool in a Caribbean hotel.

Any advice on Stonescape colors?

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP :)

Check out some pool plaster websites, they have tons of pic's and are pretty close... every pool is different and not exactly like the pics but most are close :) check out the under construction thread for great ideas and pools :)

Under Construction

We are having our first ever pool built.

Can any of you help us figure out how to decide what color Stonescape pebbles to use?

Our pool is only 4.5 feet deep...essentially a lap pool. It's in a wide open area with no trees and no shadows.

We are hoping to end up with a darkish blue color that does NOT look like a pale blue pool in a Caribbean hotel.

Any advice on Stonescape colors?

Thanks!
Welcome neighbor!

Please ad CT to your location, I'm sure there are cities named Greenwich in other parts of the country, and pool care advise is somewhat location specific.

Also, feel free to start adding your future pool's spec's into your signature.

Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Now is the best time to get your proper test kit. You can practice on tap water, and be ready to take control of your pool on day one. You will need a complete test kit that includes a FAS/DPD chlorine test.

Pool School - Test Kits Compared

the TF-100 with XL option is really the best value.

TFTestkits.net

Dom

I'll comment that with no trees you won't have any artificial darkening of the water the many have. Be careful of looking at pictures with trees in the background. Full sun only pics for you!
On the regular pebble Stonescapes, I'd think that for dark blue water, you'd either want the Midnight Blue or Black. Personally, I'd have no concerns going with either. Dark looks awesome to me and you are in full sun.

And with the TF-100 you get a CYA standard reagent to tell you what 50 ppm looks like. That's the most subjective test so it's nice to have a guide. And don't forget the SpeedStir (not a
gimmick).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.