Liner leak between layers

May 19, 2016
Omaha, NE
Ok, need some advice. After completing a rather lengthy SLAM to bring pool back to sparkly brilliance, we discovered a small leak. It was discovered after a long vacuum session, standing water between a couple of legs. Feeling completely defeated. Was ready to throw in the towel. While waiting for chlorine to burn off the past couple of days, we did little maintenance other than chemicals & the standing water dried up. Gone! No more leak! This morning we tested chlorine level & it is ready for swimming!! Hooray, happy family???! Vacuum pool & water appears in the same spot! What the heck!!! We have two intake valves and 1 return. It seems the leak is coming from between the layers on the valve we close to vacuum. Tried a little food color in the area but no visible "pull" on either valve. Does anyone have experience with anything similar to this? We have Andersen flexible sealer but I have no idea where to consider applying it. It feels like when the valve is sealed with the little black cap, the leak occurs. Logic tells me to not seal that valve but would also like to solve the problem.

Could you post a picture? Most of the time I would recommend replacing the valve but I am not sure what you are seeing :)

Outlets2.jpg

The one on the right causes the issue when plugged. We vacuumed yesterday plugging the left and using the right as suction for the vacuum, no issues or leaks what so ever! Strange. If this works through the season I will deal with it once we can drain below and go from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.