help with cleaning leaves of the bottom of the pool

Jun 10, 2016
Southeast Missouri
Several storms with high winds have come through in the past week and lots of leaves are getting into the pool and sinking to the bottom. How do you get these out of the pool? I have tried to use the vacuum to get them out, but mostly all that does is stir them up of the bottom of the pool. I try to use the net to scoop them up, but again mostly all this does is stir them up of the bottom and I cannot scoop them out. In the shallow end I can scoop them up pretty well, but in the deep end I cannot get them. What do you all do when this happens to get the leaves out?

Whatever works! I am short so maybe the pull works better in my situation. I have tried it both ways and pulling is more effective for me; less giggling. I also make sure to get a leaf net with a good scooper edge to drag along the bottom. Try both, slwethrs, and see which works best for you!

thanks for you replies. I was finally able to use the vacuum and carefully suck most all the leaves up with the vacuum this time. it just took a little more patients to get them without stirring them up into the water. I will plan on getting a net like the one in the link as soon as I can.

thanks for the responses. I went to pool supply last week and they had a couple of different ones, but the nets did not have the flat edge like the on in the link. so I just got the flat net that works really well for leaves on surface. guess I will plan on getting one like shown in the link with that flat edge. I tried again with the vacuum and with a little more patients I was able to get them sucked up through the vacuum hose, just by slowly placing the vacuum head on top of the leaves and leaving it there long enough to suck the leaves up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.