Taylor Test Comparators and Reagents

shane4

Jul 4, 2013
Ontario Canada
Happy 2016 Pool Season All !!!!
Sorry, my greetings are a bit late but I have not been here yet this year.
I recently posted to a thread of mine from a year ago and saw no replies. I thought maybe the thread was too far down the list for anyone to notice a new post. So I am reposting here, sorry if I have repeated myself but I do have another question as well....

Q 1
I have both the 9782 (came with K1004 kit) and 9056 (high level FC) Comparator Blocks for DPD testing.
I am confused over something. Both block's instructions for FC indicate to use the same amounts of reagent R-0001 and R-0002 (5 drops each) and yet the 9056 requires a larger pool water sample. How can I use the same amount of reagent for different amounts of test samples?
Is it because the shades of comparative colour are different?

I know, I know, I know what some of you are thinking. I should be using the TF100 and FAS. Last season funds were tight and I wanted to start slow with using better kits than trusting the local pool stores. Depending on how my next question is answered, I may step up to the TF100 (maybe not until next season just to use up the reagents in the K1004 I picked up here in Canada)

Q 2
In Canada, the prices for kits and reagents are crazy compared to south of the border. No doubt due to currency exchange and the fact there is a sole distributer who sells for the entire country :mad:
Last year I am pretty sure TF100 and supplies could be sent to a PO Box in NY State. I jus wanted to make sure this has not changed and I can order through TF and have delivered to a PO Box.

Cheers!

Yes, I reviewed instructions for both and both comparator blocks use 5 drops of R-0001 and 5 drops of R-0002. You are correct. I use 5 drops of each in my 9056 block. How/Why? Contact Taylor Technical Support for the answer to that one.

I am pretty sure that TFTestkits.net can ship a TF-100 to a PO Box via US Mail. You can contact them to verify here, TFTestkits.net

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.