Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CYA test mixing bottle

1. Back To Top    #1

CYA test mixing bottle

The label came off my bottle. Can someone tell me how much POOL WATER goes in to get to the bottom of the label so that I can re-affix it or put marks on it?
    Southern Ontario. Concrete Lazy L shape pool painted in 2005 with 2 part epoxy paint ,42 x 20 , 2.5 ft deep in shallow end , 8 ft in deep end, with what i calculate as an average depth of 6 to 6.5 ft. or approx 38300 Gal. 1HP pump , Hayward sand filter model S-220T rated at 2.64 ft.2 , 52 GPM , Intellichlor IC40 CG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CYA test mixing bottle

It is 14 ml to the bottom of the label, and 14 more ml to the top of the label, so 28 ml total. However, any measure that is 50/50 will work -- for example, 10 ml of pool water and 10 ml of reagent will work. You just won't have enough solution to fill the test tube, so this may not work if you CYA is very low.
    30,000 galllon, inground, vinyl liner, L-shaped pool
    1.5 hp pump, sand filter, heater, run pump 24/7
    Aquarite salt system
    St. Louis, MO, USA

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: CYA test mixing bottle

Thank you KNIGHTCAP
    Southern Ontario. Concrete Lazy L shape pool painted in 2005 with 2 part epoxy paint ,42 x 20 , 2.5 ft deep in shallow end , 8 ft in deep end, with what i calculate as an average depth of 6 to 6.5 ft. or approx 38300 Gal. 1HP pump , Hayward sand filter model S-220T rated at 2.64 ft.2 , 52 GPM , Intellichlor IC40 CG