LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2015
Gaylesville, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Well, like any other responsible pool owner, I am always checking the water level in my pool, so my strainer, and filter operate perfectly.

I notice the level going down a bit, check the weather forecast for rain and see that they are predicting typical summer time patterns (a pop-up shower forecast for the afternoon) with less than 1/5" of rain forecast for the next week. So I top up my water in the pool (leaving a bit for the rain that MAY come by).

The next day... 3+ inches of RAIN!! Forcing me to drain some of the water out of my pool. :hammer:

This has happened to me BOTH times so far this year.

So I am convinced that I can indeed make it RAIN!

I just added 5 bags of salt to mine last week. It's rained 5" since then. She's just gonna have to stay full til some water evaporates. I'm not dumping anymore salt out on the yard just because the weather won't cooperate. Western KY has had a big flash flood thunderstorm like every week for 6 weeks. It's crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happened to me on Sunday. Cleaned and filled the pool and that night storms rolled in and sat over us for hours. Almost 3 inches of rain and an overflowing pool. Spend most of Monday cleaning out the leaves and small tree branches and getting the water chemistry back in shape. Of course if I would have waited on mother nature for rain it wouldn't have even happened... Typical. Lol

We are officially in drought conditions here as well. But, true to course, I went to backwash the filter yesterday... I set the hose into the pool (knowing that I was going to lose some water), as soon as I did that, out of NOWHERE a dark cloud came over, and DUMPED on me!

The wife was out at here sisters 5 miles away, and when she came home, she told me that it was sunny there!

So I CAN make it RAIN! lol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.