Concrete and vinyl liner problems

Mar 9, 2009
Midwest
My liner is old. I don't know how old, maybe 9-12 years. I believe it would be fine for years more, except that it's falling down around the edges.

The concrete around the pool is somewhat broken and falling, due to the ground being uneven and slowly eroding away. Yes, I know this is a crappy issue and was told it could cost quite a lot to fix the concrete and build up the ground. Although a DIY so-so solution might not be too terrible (I believe I was told they could pour more concrete underneath and it wouldn't be the prettiest or best but it would work).

I don't have the money for another liner though, and installation of the liner, and it seems pretty major, even if I don't think about the concrete/land needing work. I am not going to deal with it for at least another 2 seasons probably, however, I was wondering if there are small things I could/should do to help slow down the problem, make it easier to fix later, etc. Stop gap solutions.

The previous owners of the pool started putting stacks of nickels (the coins) into the gaps to hold up the liner. It seems to have helped quite a lot, I mean if they hadn't done it, the liner would probably be completely pulled out by now? I don't know how to add more nickels because how do you pull up the liner and get them in there? Should I add more or what else should I consider?

Thanks!

How bout some pics to start with! A pic is worth a thousand words! 8)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.