Best SWG for 30' above ground pool

Howdy,
I'm new to TFP, but after a few years of trying to half use my pool, I'm ready for a change.
I have a 30' above ground circular pool with a sand filter and 2 speed pump.
I'm currently running Pristine Blue, but would like to change to salt. All of the generators I've seen for a pool that size show as being for an inground pool. I don't know if that matters or not, but I thought I'd seek help from the experts.
Thanks!

If your water depth is 4 feet, you've got 20K gallons. The general guideline recommended here at TFP is to oversize your SWG cell by 2x your pool volume. This allows you to run the SWG for less time each day, reducing pump run time and extending the life of your cell. Look for an SWG that's rated for 40K gallons. Doesn't matter if you have a IG or AG pool.

This is a nice market comparison page for SWG: Full Market Comparison of Salt Water Chlorine Generators for Swimming Pools

For your pool, using 20K gallons, look for an SWG system that produces about 1.4 pounds of chlorine per day or better.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Too bad your username didn't get put to good use over in Britain!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.