Aqualogic System Issue - Help

The wiring connector contains 6 wires. The red wire connects to relay: 1 terminal: line 1 and relay: 2 terminal line 1, the green wire connects to relay 1 load 1, the yellow wire connects to relay 2 terminal load 1. The orange, brown and black wires won't be used.

It's not hard, we can walk you through it if you post pictures of your relays, or you could get someone to help wire it.

Your pump should be continuously powered. The pump has its own on board timers. You can set the timers in the pump, or you can activate external only mode.

If you have a SWG, you should run the pump from the automation so that the system will know whether or not to turn on the SWG (the flow switch will mostly work for this purpose, but it’s better to let the system control the pump).

“To activate External Control Only mode:
1. Stop the pump by pressing the Start/Stop button.
2. Activate External Control Only mode by pressing and holding the Start/Stop button for 3 seconds.
3. If successful the LED next to Ext. Control Only will illuminate. See Figure 6.
4. The Start/Stop button must be pressed again to allow the pump to run.”

To recap:
1) Get the wiring kit.
2) Take the pump power off of the relay and power directly from the breaker in the automation box.
3) Connect the wiring kit to the plug on the side of the motor.
4) Connect the wires from the wiring kit into the relays as described.
5) Activate External Control Only mode
6) Go to configuration in the AquaLogic and set as a two speed pump.
7) Set the timers for the pump speeds as you like.
8) Set speed 1 and 2 rpm as you like. Set from pump control panel.
9) Done

The black ground wire only needs to be connected if the automation is supplying the voltage. You could use the 24 volt dc signal voltage that powers the relays to switch speeds. In that case, you would use the black and you would not use the red.

However, the plan is to use the relays. The pump is supplying the trigger voltage (+ 5 volt dc) via the red wire. The relays just act as switches that send the 5 volts back the the pump. The black ground is already connected in the pump.

Good morning everyone,

Firstly, a very big thank you to everyone who was kind enough to take the time to read my post and to reply in the great length and detail that you did.. Beyond appreciated and I learnt a lot about my system for the first time in 8 years.

Now a small update.

I opened up the manual of the VSP this morning and sure enough, the pump comes with a built in timer.

You can set the pump to run at 3 different speeds for as long as you want. From 6 hrs a day to 18 hrs a day and at any speed.
Once the cycle completes, the pump shuts off and restarts again the next day at the preset time you programmed. An amazing feature which frankly solves all my issues.

Thank you all and I look forward to learning much more on this awesome forum.

Regards, Shawn

That does not solve your issues because your SWG controller will not know when the pump is running to know when to apply power to the SWG. You should not rely on the flow switch to trigger the SWG on and off.

Hi,

You raise a very valid point. However, so far the flow switch has been working.

I will dig deeper though based on your comments.

I suspect I will at some point spend the $ and get the latest and greatest panel they make.

Rgds, Shawn

Until the flow switch does not work, the cell generates with no flow, and your cell explodes from the build up of Hydrogen gas, and hope that no one is around when it does .... obviously worst case scenario, but it has happened. ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.