Switched from Chlorine to Bromine. Cant keep CL high, itchy skin. Common? Outdoor spa

ttown

Jun 24, 2014
Houston, TX
I switched recently from chlorine to bromine due to consistently high CYA. My CL level can't get above a 2 at night on full settings and 0 during the day.

But more importantly, is it heard of for people to be itchy from the spa when using bromine? I don't remember having this issue before with bromine. It's an outdoor 7500 spa that runs 24/7 and gets high usage.

can you clean the tub out using ahh-some cleaner then start over using the chlorine method? you probably have mold and algae left over from your stint with bromine

What is your CYA at now, before you do the ahh-some treatment you can take it to SLAM level but it will probably be easier to just do the ahh-some then refill, I had to do 2 treatments before it came clean

I hope this helps :)

can you clean the tub out using ahh-some cleaner then start over using the chlorine method? you probably have mold and algae left over from your stint with bromine

What is your CYA at now, before you do the ahh-some treatment you can take it to SLAM level but it will probably be easier to just do the ahh-some then refill, I had to do 2 treatments before it came clean

I hope this helps :)

I think my CYA is either at or around 10. It was about 400 before. My tub is also concrete, do you think the ahh-some cleaner will still work as well? It's just so strange I can never keep my bromine levels above 2. And just scary that I can't figure out why I'm itching so much. It gets so bad that I have to drop everything and go straight to the shower. And it only happens about 10 minutes after I dry off. While im in there, I'm perfectly fine. But all my levels besides chlorine are perfectly fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.