First year TFP Method

damato300x7

Silver Supporter
May 23, 2016
Latrobe, PA
At the opening of my pool this year we had a green swamp. So did what I have always done and started "shocking" my pool, adding algicide and sweeping trying to get my pool clean. I took my water to the local pool place and they sold me a $20 jug of phosphate remover. This is when i decided to search the internet for a better way, and stumbled across this fine website.

I have now been a member for just about a month and am I so grateful for this site. My pool has never been cleaner, water is crystal clear, and requires so much less maintenance. I absolutely love it. It was hard getting my wife and daughter on board that adding bleach to the pool is not a bad thing.

I have told a couple co-workers about how I am maintaining my pool and always get funny looks and one even told me that I am going to damage my equipment by using bleach in my pool. The other one says to me "you know Dan I'm a firm believer in the saying you get what you pay for" I guess he just likes handing his money over to the big pool store. I haven't been back to the pool store since May 24th and probably will not go back except for pool parts and what not.

I just want to say thanks for all that helped me when I first got started. It is much much appreciated.

That is awesome, keep up the great work :) and I still get crazzy looks when I tell them what I use for the pool, until they see my pool :)

Your uneasiness about TFP will soon turn to a quite confidence. I stopped trying to convert people around me a long time ago. To do what we do, you have to be willing to learn (and think) and some people simply don't want to.

Seems like a common phase that TFPers go through - you learn this great, less expensive, effective method so want to share it with the world, or at least other pool owners. Then you see that many think it is crazy because it goes against convention to them. Then you just say whatever and enjoy your perfectly clear pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.